05 June 2009

Aneta Bartos

my inspirations lately have largely involved high fashion and indie photography. One of my current favourites is Aneta Bartos. The dark, romantic, mysterious, raw imagery. I think the intricate feminine details and her ability to capture almost ghost-like bodies is something I greatly respect. A definite favourite and future reference:


Aside from this today I took the plunge an upgraded my camera :) Purchased an Olympus E-30 Twin Lens Kit (14-42mm and 40-150mm) which I had been saving for (hard work certainly pays off) and thought with all the escalated interest in my work of late that it would pay to get some new equipment. I've already given it a test drive and it is AMAZING. I have never felt a camera quite like it and it has so much potential and features.
I have quite a few photoshoots booked/planned for the upcoming few months and a visit to Melbourne scheduled for August 13th-15th (hopefully get a group shoot pencilled in and ofcourse, diving with sharks at the melbourne aquarium). The last month has passed so quickly and tomorrow night is 'THE ATTIC' show. I am the feature visual artist for the night which I think was a huge opportunity, and me being me, I have gone to all lengths to put on a good display. The images will be up in the Voodoo Lounge for a month so hopefully it will pull in some fresh new models and like-minded photographers.

Certainly going to be a fantastic night :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment